Vancouver – July 1st, 2015
Expit announced today the general availability of Expit S.O.S version 1.2 for Microsoft System Center Service Manager. The product is available free for download from Expit’s website.
- Expit S.O.S gives a platform to the end users to interact with Microsoft System Center Service Manager without the need to close the Outlook console. With the help of S.O.S., one can create Incidents and Service tickets and check the status of previous tickets opened in SCSM.
- With S.O.S, you no longer need to navigate to the self-service portal or call the help desk or send emails to open up tickets in SCSM. One can simply open up the S.O.S app from Outlook, type in the details of the incident/service request and create tickets with just a few clicks. You can also attach a file or a screenshot of the error to explain the details of the problem.
- Also, in case you don’t want to type out the details, S.O.S gives you the provision to record a voice message for the help desk team, explaining your problem as an attachment to the ticket.
- Expit S.O.S does not require any server or database components and can be setup and be operational in less than 5 minutes.
- Open Incident/Request tickets directly from Outlook
- Create a new ticket just by highlighting an email message in your Outlook inbox
- Attach any file form the local machine to the ticket
- Directly upload a screenshot from the SOS application
- Record a voice message as part of the ticket
- Open tickets without the use of self-service portal or console or sending an email
- Check the status of tickets you create, tickets that are assigned to you and the tickets that need your approval, directly from Outlook
- Approve or reject your approvals from the same window
- Configure a particular IR and SR template while opening tickets
- Filter and sort the My Tickets view – which automatically refreshes to show the latest data as soon as you click it
Expit is a provider of IT management products and services that create business and strategic value through greater enablement and organization of technological capabilities. With focus on the administration, structure, and performance of IT, Expit tailors its products and services to meet the unique business demands present in IT departments globally.
For more information, please contact: